Welcome Message

In the next 30 days I will be documenting my own educational, travel-based adventure!

The Mission: To discover the root causes of urban poverty in the United States through service-learning experiences across the US.

The Method:
Completing service projects in 11 cities of the US that each explores one of the root causes of urban poverty in America.

The Outcome:
To create an educational dialogue that provides citizens across the US with the tools on how they can contribute the little time they have to helping their own communities come together and problem solve for a better tomorrow.

I invite you to open your mind and join me on my journey!
Those that let their minds soar, fly JetBlue!


Thursday, September 16, 2010

Millionair Club: Executive Director Jim Miller

So while at the Millionair Club I was able to have a great conversation with the Executive Director, Jim Miller.  Having worked with their organization for 4 days I was able to ask more in depth questions to start identifying if my root causes of poverty could be seen by other's in the field.  

Some of the questions I asked him revolved around the potential barriers faced by the homeless population in Seattle, what kind of advocacy work his and other agencies are doing, and the changes that need to be made in order to start attacking the issues of poverty in America.  Also listen in towards the end of the film, where he encourages and shares with us the importance of getting out into our communities and helping out first hand! 

Jim was my test subject with my new camera, so I apologize for my interjections and the weird movie transitions but I hope you all enjoy! 

Again please visit the Millionair Club Charity's website and find out even more about the great programs that they offer! 




No comments:

Post a Comment